Sunday, March 28, 2010

Somebody To Love


It doesn’t seem to matter what kind of mood I am in. Happy or sad, tired or energetic...there is just something about the song Somebody To Love (by Queen) that makes me want to sing and dance.


The lyrics are very interesting. "Can anybody find me somebody to love?" I know that love is a many splendid thing, and love lifts us up where we belong, and all we need is love. But I think sometimes we spend too much time and energy focusing on a certain kind of love that we miss out on other ways to love.


Maybe this sounds generic and too simple, but I miss the feeling of loving people just for the sake of loving them. I want to dance with babies and hug my best friend. I want to listen to the tales of old folks and draw on the sidewalk with the neighbourhood kids. I want to make eye contact with and greet every person I walk past at Mill Lake. I want to be kinder to the people who work at Starbucks. I want to volunteer somewhere and I want to write a letter to an old friend. I want to bake cookies for someone who is feeling down and hand out more encouragement cards. I want to be more generous with my love and less selfish with my time. I want to be known as a lover. As a giver. As a friend.


Can anybody find me somebody to love...
















As you can see, friends, love is all around. Love is all you need.


Love IS a many splendid thing.


Je t'aime, mon ami...je t'aime.


~C~

Pages