Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ten Thousand Thank Yous

I need to say thank you ten thousand times, because that's how many times you guys visited His Heart, My Song. Ten Thousand times in less than a year.

Thank YOU

Yes, you.

And you and you and you and you and you and you and you....



That's a lot of times for this blog to get clicked on, and that's a lot of thank yous. You have to know I am so, so grateful for the massive support, outreach and empathy you have all shown. It's been amazing.



Oprah Winfrey considers herself a teacher. For almost her whole life she has sat in front of millions of viewers and shared her opinions and views and insights. And she for sure has had some amazing things to say. When I first started this blog I saw myself a little bit in the same light. I thought I was gonna sit here and share my opinions and views and insights where bulimia is concerned.

But something very different happened.

I quickly discovered that I am not, in fact, the teacher at all here. I am most definitely the student. While I may have facilitated or opened doors to the world of speaking out about eating disorders, there is an inconceivable amount of information that I have gained rather than shared, thanks to you guys.

Shortly after I started writing His Heart, My Song, I disabled the option for people to leave comments. I'm still kind of on the fence about that choice, actually. I will tell you the truth: In the beginning of this writing adventure of mine, I found that I would pour my heart out, hit 'publish', and wait for comments to appear. A lot of the time they did, and they were so appreciated. But when they didn't I saw it as rejection and it wasn't healthy. Feedback wasn't really the aim for me, and I didn't want to fall into a trap of expecting it or relying on it to fuel my writing. The problem now is that there are several 'followers' out there who are not my facebook friends, and in the event that they want to be in touch or maybe even reach out for help with a similar struggle, they have no way of doing that. But in any case, the emails that I receive following really honest posts are so encouraging, and you have indeed taught me more than I expected to learn through your writing as well. Yet another thank you.

So, stay tuned. The well is not dry. The pen hasn't run out of ink...or in any case, my keyboard hasn't broken! Stories have yet to be told.

Can you believe there are only 23374 minutes left until Christmas? Soak it up, friends. Be joyful. Have so much fun.

And thank you, once again.

~C~

http://emailsanta.com/clock.asp

Pages