Monday, July 12, 2010

Slow. Down.


Tonight's post is gonna be a simple one.

The summer staff gang hung out tonight and had gelato. It was really fun. On the way home I was going to drop off one of our girls, and something caught my eye.

It was THEE most beautiful, glorious sunset I have seen in a long time. I could see the actual sun setting behind us in the eastern sky, but what was most amazing was the west. The sky was bathed in the boldest pink and purple hues, and tucked away over to the right was a rainbow.

A rainbow.

Not a drop of rain in the sky. Scientifically I am going to assume that the humidity trapped in the clouds caused this, but it is not meant to be analyzed.

It's meant to be adored. Cherished. Appreciated.

We jumped out of the car, leaving it parked haphazardly somewhat near the curb and ran into someone's yard to get the best possible view of this amazing evening sky. Tried to capture it with my little Canon, but didn't do it justice. Doesn't matter. It's tucked away inside me.

And you know what else? Last night I saw a shooting star. For real.

Let's slow down this week. For lack of a better term, let's stop and smell the roses. Enjoy a sunset. Breathe deeply. Tell someone close to you about something beautiful you encountered throughout your day. Smile more.

Know. You. Are. Loved.


~C~

Pages