Friday, June 4, 2010

Simple Song

I don’t usually post entries on the weekend because readership goes down as you all jet off on fabulous adventures. But just so you know, this is kind of a two-part series, and even though tomorrow is Saturday, I will be posting something important. Something I need to share with you.


You all remember Hannah, right? My California buddy? If there is one thing you should know, it’s that we are like little kids when we get together. She reminds me that life doesn’t need to be taken so freaking seriously all the time. She lets me get all crazy and dancy and loud. And I love her for it.


I don’t know whether to say we love Miley Cyrus, or we loved Miley Cyrus. I’m pretty sure Hannah isn’t sure either. I don’t love Can’t Be Tamed Miley, but I do love the funny girl from Tennessee that knows how to laugh at herself.


In her Breakout album she wrote a track called Simple Song. When I first heard it I was totally broken for her. The lyrics are not at all deep or philosophical or even that good, but if they are any indication of how she was feeling when she wrote them, they are real. And you know I love real.


You can check out the lyrics if you want to.


I was really worried about her. Maybe that sounds stupid to you, because she is an A-List celebrity and couldn’t care less about me. But I did care about her. She sounded so defeated. It broke my heart.


I think I first heard that song in the summer. Although I have explained to you guys that is wasn’t exactly the easiest summer, I was still in a better place then I am right now. I smiled a lot and was able to relax and sleep at night. I got through my days with ease and enjoyed people’s company.


As you all know, that hasn’t been the case lately. Things are just not looking up or getting any better, despite so many genuine efforts to keep my chin up. I am having tons of fun dressing up for girlie movies (SatC2 TWICE now!) and loving Eden and feeling blessed by my friends and family, but there is a general cloudiness in my life that I can’t seem to shake.


It seems that if I had the compassion and energy to be concerned enough to write Miley a letter (oh yes, it’s true), then I should have the same regards to my own well being. So I am making some tough decisions right now that you will hear about tomorrow.


In the meantime, there is no way I can post this entry without a little treat for you guys. I was so worried about Miley that I had to distract myself by roping Hannah into making a music video with me. ; )





We all want to hear a simple song, don’t we now. We all want to turn down the static and noise and unwelcome thoughts and demands in our lives.


This is the simplest song I could come up with on the spot...


Sing it with me, won’t you?




This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine...


This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine...


This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.


Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.




~C~

Pages