Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can of Worms

My 'normal' in the past while has been working my butt off 24/7, taking classes at UFV, and having as much fun as possible whenever possible. This has pretty much rounded out to an insanely busy schedule that has left me only longing to start this blog. Then my Winter 2010 registration date for school rolled by and I forgot to register. Who does that?! Okay okay, to be fair, there was a lot going on that week: A dear friend of mine lost her battle with cancer and my fantastic house mate spilled the beans that after nearly 2 years she was thinking of moving out. So yes I forgot to register, but I had other things on my mind. Clearly. All this to say that I didnt get into a single class this semester. Waitlisted all the way, baby. I emailed some profs, but no one had room for me. At first I was bummed. I am one of those freaks of nature who actually likes school for whatever reason, BUT had I got into one, two, or three of the classes I planned to take, there would be no time for this writing business of mine. So I guess this is a good thing.

Wow, that was a lot of rambling, hey? I sat down on my good ol' laptop tonight to tell you that I know I have opened a huge can of worms. Huge. And I never really thought this through, actually. Did it occur to me that my brother, sisters, nieces, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, coworkers, supervisors, old campers, and parents' friends would see this? Nope, nope, nope. Now that I have started though, there is no turning back. Thanks SO much for the outpouring of support you have shown to me. It has been like falling back into a crowd of love.

This weekend I would like to explore a different kind of Genesis. One that started when I was pretty young. So stay tuned...we're only getting started.

~C~

Pages