Monday, February 21, 2011

R n' R

Isn't it amazing how 2 days can seem like 10, and at the same time those exact 2 days can seem like a split second? That's what my weekend was all about. Moments that both lasted an eternity and ended in the blink of an eye all at once. I could cry thinking about it; about how nothing and everything happened that brought me back to this place of peace.

My dear friend (who you will remember from this post and who's blog you can check out here) and I decided weeks ago that enough was enough and a road trip/get-away/girls-only weekend was in order. How badly I needed such an escape was beyond me at the time, but I'm so glad there is someone out there who knows our every need before even we do.

A little glimpse of our weekend in pictures...





Best Western in Pioneer Square---highly recommend this hotel! Ocean view AND city 'scape.




We like being 5...





Brian MAY have some competition on his hands...








It wasn't her birthday. Haha.



Bye bye Ocean



YES I am wearing two pairs of glasses. I'm cool like that. Few can pull it off.



Only in America, folks. Only in America.



And so we arrive home. Slightly poorer, slightly unhealthier, but SO very relaxed, and so very ALIVE!


I don't need to get into the whole shpeel with you guys about the importance of 'me time', do I? You all surely know how imperative it is to our mental and emotional health as women-who-do-too-much to just hit the open road and say to hell with it all once in awhile? Just to drive the point home, though: DO IT. Drive away. Yes, your life is going to be waiting for you when you get back, but take a little breather. Pray for nice weather. Or don't. Stay locked in your hotel room. We did that, too.

Strangely, one of the best parts about this weekend was being with someone I don't feel the need to be polite to. Does that make sense or just sound harsh? I guess what I mean is that this girl and I can seriously just let it all hang out when we're around each other. There is no faking it, no false front. And sometimes it is REALLY nice to just be not-polite. I was trying to pay for something yesterday, and without even thinking about it I demanded that she give me a dollar.Demanded. And without even blinking she did. So great to have friends like that, isn't it?

Plan something. I dare you. And then go. Even when, like me, you have bills to pay and homework that is due mere days after you get home. Go because it will be worth it, even if and when things go wrong like flat tires or empty gas tanks. It will be okay because it always is, and things are so much funnier when you are stuck on the side of the road with a good friend who will laugh with you. And when you get back make sure you tell me all about it, okay? Or better yet, take me with you!

~C

Pages