Thursday, February 10, 2011

To Everything, Turn, Turn, Turn

It's a little bit early to be writing this, as I was thinking I would wait till maybe March or April. But what the hay?

After I wrote the S.A.D. post, I got some amazing feedback from you guys out there. Some of you can relate all too well to what I'm going through which is comforting, but also too bad. I'm sorry so many of you are sad right now. But the general theme in regards to the feedback I received was that there is HOPE! Spring, though far away as it may seem, is actually right around the corner. Last night Brian and I took a nice, long, brisk walk for the first time in 2011, and I was actually peeling back layers instead of shivering my butt off. And today I left my coat in the car when I went to get groceries. It's a miracle, people!

I don't read my bible enough, even nearly enough, but my favourite part is the when it talks about seasons changing. Even you non-bible reading people out there will be familiar with what I am talking about, because in 1959 The Byrds came out with a super catchy song that is entirely based on the book of Ecclesiastes. You can check it out here if you want.

My favourite part?
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

Things at work are going really well at the moment, and without using any words I think the girls and I are realizing that we go through seasons as a team, too. Things aren't the same 2 months in a row, and that's okay. My chin is up, my game is on. We're in the home stretch now; less than 5 months to go. These kids are going to learn their ABC's and 123's whether they like it or not! ; )

My family is experiencing a changing of seasons, as well. At some point or another each of my family members has had their turn to overcome obstacles, and now it's my brother's turn to shine. Yesterday, February 9th, he celebrated his 1 year of sobriety anniversary and we are very proud of him. Here is to many, many more seasons of strength and success for him!

And I, personally, am overcoming a particular obstacle as well. For the first time in a long time I feel totally free to care for myself without the fear of obsession or addiction. In January, I started meeting with a personal trainer at my gym in preparation of the Vancouver Sun Run which I will take part in come April, and she has been such a blessing. For many years I have been running and enjoying it very much, but having something to work towards is a reward in itself. It's my season to shift my paradigms and addictive tendencies.

And another change that is coming with the new season has to do with this blog...it's not going anywhere, but I have had bigger dreams for it recently, and soon it may shift from a blog to a webpage. I don't know when or how at the moment, but those answers are coming soon and I am excited and inspired. Stay tuned, friends.

Thanks for having my back. Thanks for being brave and sticking your neck out and offering such kind words (and such attentive ears) even when it's scary to be honest. We're totally gonna rock out the rest of this winter and party when the birds start singing once again.

Smile even when you don't feel like it, guys. It helps.

~C





Pages